I came across this video, and it reminded me of the wonderful trip I was able to take to London with my mom, sis, her two kids and Kristi in 2007. It was about this time of year and we saw just about all of these places while in London. I spent all afternoon trying to remember how to embed a video in my blog....tried to do it with the little icon above, then finally just copied the embed info and went to edit html, pasted it, and here we go. I am just writing this down for when I forget how to do it again.....and if I can remember this post (which is not too likely) I'll be able to embed another video I like on my blog.
I finally got my car washed this am. I can say I thought I could do it in a half hour and it was more like 45 minutes. I then made funeral potatoes, and I can say that took longer than I thought, too. I arrived 10 minutes late for Danny Combs funeral this am, and had to leave before it was over so I could get Breezy to her doctor's appt on time. I did enjoy listening to the life sketch. I think even though Danny died at age 62, he had a good, good life, and enjoyed it with his wife, kids and grandchildren. That is really what life is all about if we are wise enough to realize it.
I thought Paseo Family Physicians were on 51st Ave just south of Union Hills on 51st Ave, but I was wrong. They are south on 59th Ave. Good thing we were early. Breezy went in to have her physical to meet the entrance requirement (or one of them) for her medical assisting program she hopes to start in the fall. She hasn't seen our family doctor who practices there. She is basically very healthy, and the two times she did need to see a doc, I couldn't get her in up there, so just ran to a Urgent Care. Since she is now 18, when they called her name, just had her go in by herself. The doctor said who told you about us, or do your parents come here? Breezy responded, "I don't know. My mom just told me to come here." I didn't see it, she just told me about, it but the doctor cracked up. It reminded me totally of something my mom would say.
I washed all of my blinds in my kitchen. I do it about once a year. I just take about a third of them and put them in my machine with a normal amount of Tide with Downy. I hang them up wet, and add the weights so they straighten out nicely. They are clean, free of spider webs and dust.....until next year. I couldn't find the little plastic tab on one of them, so first folded up a piece of duct tape and put it inside of the blind top, and unfolded a small paper clip and attached it with the paper clip. It worked wonderfully for the 15 minutes it took me to find the original plastic tab.
Well, hope everyone is enjoying their good, good life. It has its ups and downs, that is for sure, but for the most part, for most of us, it is a good, good life--especially those of us blessed to live in the United States with all of our comforts liberty and freedom afford us.




No comments:
Post a Comment