I made these in February, and they are lost.Well, W took a week off of work two weeks ago so we could paint the living room and kitchen and finally paint our new doors. He hurt his back, and nothing was accomplished. Well, it is hard to get anything done when I am handing an ice pack to W for his hurt back every hour on the hour.
We also wanted to move our piano to Kristi's house. Now, W couldn't move a piano if he wasn't even supposed to lift a paint brush. Kristi's home teachers kept asking her if there was anything they could do for her. She said she needed a piano moved. Long story short, they showed up Friday evening with a small U-Haul trailer they were using to move another family member, and loaded up the piano, and it was on it's way. Now, I have a blank wall--a lovely blank wall, as we were painting that wall quite awhile back, then had water damage again. Still waiting for the roofer to show up. In February, he told us he'd be by in May. Well, May left this past week, and no sign of Cory. I don't know if he will ever show up. I'll be certain to blog about it, if he does.
Made lunch plans with my friend who is here in the valley from Florida. Invited Stephanie to go with us, and at the time I wanted to depart, she was playing a video game on the sofa, had to save her game, get dressed properly, and get her music. The freeway was closed in both directions...and my phone was dead, so couldn't even call Amy to tell her I would be late. I WAS SO FRUSTRATED!!!! I felt like eating something. Ok, I decided to do housework. Housework does not make me feel better, but I thought I'd give it a try. My vacuum would not work--has this crazy thin LONG belt that won't turn the roller brush if it has even had to pick up a fat crumb....and it really wasn't working. Good thing I ate my cookie stash yesterday, is all I have to say. I vented on Facebook...I believe I have a low frustration tolerance to problems when I am attempting to clean. I just want to plug the vacuum in, vacuum, unplug it, wind the cord up and go on to something else.
W has way more patience with getting a chore accomplished. Let's take the lawn for instance. He leaves and spends a lot of time in North Dakota in the summer time. I just want to start up the riding lawn mower, carefully back it off of the cement slab it lives on, engage the mow blade and mow. Nope, not how we do it around here. First you have to air up your air bomb. Then you have to take the air bomb to the backyard and air up the tire/tires that are all flat. Then you have to go to the gas station and buy gas as the grandchildren have used it all up trying to kill themselves on the quad you keep hoping will break down and never does.....fill up the tank, and the thing will not start. About now, I am really frustrated and I call W. He tells me how to open the hood on the lawnmower and charge the battery. (I really am not kidding, and wish I was.) Once, I asked W if we just couldn't REPLACE the flat tire. He looked at me like I had five heads and 27 mouths talking to him, and informed me it is a perfectly good tire, and why would he want to do that? GEE, I DON'T KNOW! Maybe for marital happiness. He talked Breezy into mowing the lawn. She handles the air bomb. She tells me when we need gas. She has her dad charge up the battery....He actually had to take the lawn mower into John Deere and have the carburetor replaced. They refurbished it; it looks brand new and was worth the $300 repair price.
Maybe I'm having more than a bad day. It might be a bad week, or season. I kind of feel badly for the clerks that scan my toilet paper, and it won't scan, as I have the one with the melted, unreadable bar code, the dress that is tag-less, the cash register that is totally out of tape (and there is not a roll to be found in the store, either). Maybe I just run into people that are having bad days, I do not know. I just try to be patient, and not get killed by the frustrated people in the line behind me.
Check out the second picture. I have to think in reverse when I blog, as it piles the pictures on top of each other, so they are backwards...I made those little positional pillows and their little cases and gave them to a nurse along with all of the quilts and such for Sewing for babies on the 3rd of March. Never heard a word from anyone at St Joe's. Well, until two weeks ago, when I got an email from a contact wondering if I was ever going to make the pillows like the one she mailed to me. Say what? I checked my paperwork and told her I sent off 8 pillow and 16 extra cases, and she should have them. Nope. No one has seen them. That is a bit discouraging. I hated cutting the foam pillow out of the piece of foam I had--was really messy and a pain. I had bought two pieces of the foam, but enjoyed making the pillows so much...well, I never used the second piece of foam. I told Jerenda from St Joe's that I was busy painting (was supposed to be then was just busy putting ice packs on W's back), but I'd make 8 more pillows when I got around it it.
I decided to do the pillow Thursday and went out to Buckeye, as Kristi has an electric knife and that is what they use at the fabric store to saw through the foam. She must have thrown away the knife--(She is anti--hoarder, I am fabric/sewing crap hoarder) so Matt and I hacked 7 more foam pillows out of the square of foam. We made a big mess. I cut a bunch of the little pillow cases out and have 7 more positional pillows ready to go to St Joe's. Well, there is the delivery problem. I want to make certain someone (anyone, the right person) knows I made these stupid pillows and some babies get to use them.
I did sent a email to Jerenda with BOTH sets of pillows--hoping to prove I DID make the first and lost set, and have another set I am holding hostage until someone decides how we do the exchange.
I have been watching my wild little grandson, Talon every other Saturday. His mom and step dad needed me to watch him today. I have a sneaking suspicion I might end up with him every Saturday, but we will see. He likes to eat. He likes to snack. He likes to eat. He likes to snack, but I repeat myself. He seems to have a worse Diet Coke addiction than I even have. He likes to argue with me...over everything. We are going to have to get some ground rules.
Well, I will just go write in my gratitude journal:
1. Grateful I have 7 preemie positional pillows finished....again.
2. Grateful I still have two kids at home to help me with entertaining Talon, as he requires a lot of it.
3. Glad I have a house with a dirty carpet that hasn't blown away in a tornado, or flooded by the Missouri River that is threatening homes in Bismarck, ND.
4. Grateful I am out of wonderful tasting cookies so I don't eat them and gain even more weight.
5. Grateful I still have vision insurance to pay towards my nearly $1,000 optometrist and new glasses and lenses. I Am REALLY THANKFUL my vision is even correctible, as otherwise, I'd be legally blind.
That is it for the day. Hope you all are having a great weekend. I'm going to go read my book. More about that later.




I have an email I am going to forward you that I think will make you feel better. And also, just for future reference, I have an electric knife that I have used to make two foam headboards and it cuts through foam like butter.
ReplyDelete