Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last of the Nine Graduates







I came across this little picture the day before Breezy graduated from high school. She looks like an adorable little imp. W took off work this week to do some painting, but he injured his back while irrigating Sunday early morning. I shared the picture with him while he was doing his 20 minutes on, one hour off, icing his back. We both smiled thinking back on little Breezy as a five year old. She was a wise old soul, that wanted to go to college with Megan when she was just three years old, and then wanted to stay home from kindergarten and help Kristi take care of Matt when she was just five years old. When I showed Breezy the picture of her little five year old self, she said, "Well, I can finally go off to college by myself." Where did all of the years from five to 18 go? Seems like it was a twinkling of time. Anyway, I posted some pictures of her graduation. Danielle was wondering about the speed of time herself, as she graduated 05-25-05, six years to the date of Breezy's graduation. Danielle and Breezy are the best of friends and go to movies and hang out together and have so much fun no one would ever know there is more than a few months between their ages. I imagine that time will shrink even more the older they get.

Well, as of yesterday, W and I no longer have any children in K through high school. Stephanie is a junior at ASU Tempe, and soon Breezy will be attending Estrella Community College. I guess except for support and advice...and money, my mothering of my school age children has finally come to a close. All I can say is I am glad there were nine of them to help this sweet period of time last most of my adulthood and right up to W's retirement age. I haven't had a job outside of the home in over 30 years now, so not certain what this part of our life will bring. Of all my blessings, I am truly thankful to be a wife and mother of children. I can't imagine my life without them.

3 comments:

  1. You and Joseph make enough of the green stuff. I was speaking the children still in college. Well, except for your inheritance, and I am still not dead.....yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS BREEZY!!! And congratulations mom! You have an amazing family. You really did a great job. :0)

    ReplyDelete