Saturday, July 3, 2010

Skylar and Zane's Blankets


Well, these blankets are for Eve Stanfield Deloach's twin babies. I had other "baby" type fabrics picked out. Also, Deidre thought Eve was having two boys. Good thing I ran into her mom at Walmart. She was telling me about the babies' nursery and the colors Eve had picked out. When Denise was talking about pink accent, I asked and sure enough--Eve was having a boy and a girl. I think it was the names that threw Deidre off. She has a cousin Skyler, who is a boy. Anyway, Deidre forwarded me one of Eve's blogs.....Lets just say her nursery was very designer looking: black and white chintz type fabrics--hot pink accents for Skylar and bright blue for Zane. I ran to Joanne's today and attempted to pick out some suitable fabrics. What you see in the picture is what I came up with. One side is the black and white print. Skylar's is trimmed in hot pink satin and the flannel is pretty bright pink. Zane's has the blue flannel and bright blue satin trim. I didn't make quilts, as it is over 105 degrees most days. I am not certain the babies even need blankets in this heat. We shall see what Eve thinks of them. Just wanted to make something for her special babies. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: