Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Ugly Cake


Here are the stages our 4th of July cake went through. We made a Pillsbury cake mix and followed a Betty Crocker ad to make a cake for our fourth of July family barbecue. We made the cake mix according to the package directions. We colored 1/2 cup of the dough blue and 1/2 cup red. We put 1/4 cup in a cupcake holder. Mr Wonderful and Breezy put blobs of the colored doughs on top of the white. We ran a knife through the blobs horizontally, then vertically. The cake was looking pretty cool. I frosted the cake and did not make enough red stripes....and was wondering why someone thought a cupcake on top of a cake was a good thing. I put the entire cake in the refrigerator to forget about it...until today. We lit the candles, Matt has eaten the cupcake, I patched the hole the missing cupcake left in the frosting and may blog what the cake looks like when we cut it. Mental note: I still have NO talent or patience for decorating a cake. It looks great in my mind, but that is as far as it should go.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I like your cake! I think it turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake was ok, the frosting, however was horrible. The cake tasted fine, though.

    ReplyDelete