Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Brown Sugar Muffins

Nice picture of my muffin. Well, not compared to some of the food blogs. You know the ones. The food makes you drool it looks so great. Also, it is nicely displayed on some expensive new, or vintage one-of-a kind china plates, adorned with a piece of expensive silverware and fresh flowers in the back ground that look so great you can almost smell them. Not so my muffin. It is here for you to see in all of its own glory. Mr Wonderful is back to work. I wanted to make something for his breakfast at 5 am. I have severe sleep apnea. Mr Wonderful made the diagnosis. He says I snore really bad and stop breathing all of the time. I know I wake up to pee every 20 minutes or so until around 4:30 am. Then, I think I just pass out totally. Not for long, though. I do sleep through Mr Wonderful's 4:20, 4:30, and THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING talking alarm clock. I should make him a nice breakfast, but then, I'd get no sleep at all. Hence, guilt muffins. I haven't tried this recipe before, but it has to be good. It made it into Kristi's last ward's recipe book. It sounded good to me, so I made some. I haven't actually tasted it yet. I'll let you know what Mr Wonderful thinks tomorrow am. Hmm, another difference between my blog and the great blogs. I do believe they actually TEST, TRY and LOVE their recipes. Here is the recipe just in case you want to try it...or I do so I have the recipe. Also, that is my Corelle plate there holding the muffin. I bought 3 sets of these dishes for my move into our new house. They were to coordinate with my green, shiny counter tops. There was a mix up and my counter tops are kind of black with a little lavender in them. I think I ordered Greenleaf counter tops, and got Stoneleaf, or some such mix up. These dishes never went with anything in my kitchen. Anyway, here is a recipe for you to try or not to try. It is all up to you and your diet, or in my case, lack there of.....diet.

Brown Sugar Muffins

1/2 cup light margarine (I of course used softened unsalted butter)
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
Mix above together then add the following:
2 c. flour or 1 and 3/4 c. whole wheat. (I used white flour as did not want to wake anyone by grinding my wheat this evening. Also, since they are white flour, Kristi can eat one should she care to.)
1/4 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla

Full greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 8-10 minutes at 425. This is Diana Morris' recipe should you know her. I don't. I just baked mine at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes as my oven is really a hot one.

Mom O'Nine's note: Mr Wonderful "liked" the muffin fine. He didn't LOVE it, but then, he isn't a food-lover. He is WAY more a "food keeps me alive" kind of guy. I would like to say that the muffin papers easily came off of these muffins. They also had some great density to them. You know how light and cake like a muffin mix is...and sometimes the muffin papers stick to the muffin. Not so this muffin--easy to peel. I give this recipe 3-4 stars out of five. It is what it is--a good brown sugar muffin.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Check out the fancy cupcakes featured on Sassy site...oh, I can't believe I blogged about a nearly barenaked muffin!!!

    ReplyDelete