Monday, July 5, 2010
Grilled Shrimp, Marinade and Spinach Salad
I LOVED the shrimp and spinach salad they serve at Applebee's. I have eaten enough that I wanted to try to copy it. We grilled these shrimp yesterday. I ate a LOT of them. They are SO tasty. I peeled 2 pounds of large shrimp and left them in the refrigerator for an hour. We put them on the screwers and Mr Wonderful grilled them 2-3 minutes and turned them. Oh...SO tasty.
Shrimp Marinade:
1 tablespoon or so minced garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Catsup
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons or so chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (unless you are allergic, you will never know it is in there.)
Mix and add 2 pounds deveined, peeled shrimp. Refrigerate one hour. Put five or so shrimp on a skewere and grill as stated about 2-3 minutes per side. Oh, So tasty.
Shrimp and Spinach Salad--not unlike that at Applebee's
pile of spinach
2 tablespoons or so diced sweet red pepper, red onion, and bacon.
Drizzle with Raspberry type Vinegarette salad dressing.
Top with 1 tablespoon slivered almonds and 5-6 shimp (As many as you get at Applebee's or more to taste.)
Labels:
grilled shrimp,
shrimp marinade,
spinach salad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment