Friday, July 23, 2010
Beef Stew for a Crowd
Hi Everyone. Well, I have been working on this stew all afternoon. It is part of the stew for our ward pioneer celebration this evening. Rick Fleming brought over the stuff he thought I would need for a roaster full of stew and he told me a bit about when he would start, etc. I spent an hour or so cutting the stew meat in smaller pieces, then browning it all. He wanted all of the potatoes in the stew....and told me to start with a gallon of beef stew liquid. I added the two large cans of petite diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, half bottle of Worcestershire sauce after the meat and broth cooked for an hour....I couldn't get all of the celery and carrots in the roaster. Hopefully, it will all turn into a nice stew by 5:30, as I have to have it at the church by 5:45. I enjoyed making the stew and wanted to help the people in charge of the food for the masses, but had to overcome my fear of it not turning out, ruining it, etc. I pray it turns out well. :) So far, it looks good! Happy Pioneer Day to you all! It has been fun for me to think back on past Pioneer Day celebrations: fun time with my family watching parades fillled with floats and my uncles in the different Sheriff's possee's. Today, I am hoping to add a good memory of friends enjoying my beef stew! We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment