Sunday, June 6, 2010
Major Roof Repairs.....
and a dog watching a bird.
Remember sometime in January, maybe February, when we had the rain coming in my bedroom? Well we contacted Corey Lyon from our church to see what needed to be done. For whatever reason, we have a LOT of broken cement tiles on our roof. Corey finally had time to stop by and take a look at the roof. He said they didn't make our "W" Tile any more, but he would see what he could do. In fact, he told us they hadn't made the tile in 20 years! Our home was built around 15 years ago, so guess they used up some leftover tile on it, who knows. I was afraid we'd have to buy new tile for the entire roof. Corey looked into it and found a company making the "w" tile, and in a color very similar to ours. He plans to put old tiles in spots and new tiles in spots and not mixing them, so has a plan that it will all work out. There are a LOT of old bird nests (and a few new ones complete with baby birds) up on the roof. Corey has left one section of roof alone while some baby swallows grow a bit, hopefully, all the way up and out of the nest before he gets to them. There is a ton of dirt up on the roof under the tiles. For a couple of years, we were first home behind fields and a canal north of us. We had some wild wind/dirt storms, so can't say I am surprised at the dirt up there. Now, there are two homes, one behind my neighbor, and one behind me that take the direct storm hits, but we still get a lot of wind from the open area and water reclamation area north of us.
I didn't climb up the ladder to give you a bird's eye view of the roof--just wanted to document that work has commenced on it. Corey told me that the tile and supplies would be delivered on Thursday. I looked outside when I got up--no tile and no Corey. He called me around 11 am. He came over, no tile, so went to his supply store. They had his tile, but wouldn't release it until their home office wrote a line of computer code, so that the tile "would exist" and they could sell it. He was pretty frustrated. I told him welcome to my world. It seems stuff like that always happens to Mr Wonderful and me--have the roof with a tile they haven't made in 20 years for starters.
Also, just for humor, I put the picture of Quigley watching Louie Sancho Vega, the little bird Dano is hand-raising. Well, we are ALL hand raising. When she is at work, she is over here. Louie is a girl by the way. When she eats the food from a syringe, she shakes her head and the soft food flies all over the place. I had her on the floor while I was cleaning my wall. I am quite certain Quigley was NOT interested n making friends like some Disney movie--He was interested in bird kibble!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment