Thursday, June 10, 2010
New Living Room Set....and a Roofer
Well, I am thinking maybe I should have checked out some of the sofas the girls showed me from Craig's list. I am now thinking they probably did not photograph all that well.....since I attempted to take some pictures of our new sofa, double recliner and recliner. They were a bit of an impulse buy. Let me correct that. They WERE an impulse buy. We went looking for end tables and a kitchen table with Kristi. Mr Wonderful and I actually really LIKED these sofas....recliners...whatever they are. We needed a sofa a few years ago, and we looked for about two years and couldn't find something we could afford AND liked. Believe me, we needed a sofa, too. By the time we finally purchased one, the previous sofa was thread bare. I think we had to take it to the dump; DI wouldn't have even been able to sell it!
I actually liked the sofa we had before these just fine. I picked it up for $40 from Hope's Closet. It was fairly comfortable....If you laid on two pillows. The problem was, we left a couple pieces of a sectional sofa in the living room along with a very comfortable huge recliner Jen bought Arlen a few years ago. There was some serious modge podge furniture going on.
These pieces of furniture are actually closer to the darkest picture of the group--maybe even darker than that photo. The sofa has two recliners, the love seat is actually a double recliner and to top it off, we bought the matching recliner. We might have gone a little bit crazy buying recliners.
I steam cleaned the blue worn out carpeting last night. It photographed pretty well. The worn out spots don't show up, and at least the carpet is clean! We want to tile the living room and kitchen....as well as other rooms. We need to finish the roof, however, pay for that, order a custom back door and pay for that and then work our way to the floor. I am thinking this sofa could be worn out by then.
The middle picture is a picture of Corey Lyon, my roofer. He was all hot and sweaty and informed me it was NOT picture day. I snapped one picture and said, "Corey, you are only this big in my picture (making my thumb and fore finger a half inch a part.) I can't even tell who you are." He said, "Ok as long as you can't tell its me, that picture is ok." I took that picture a couple days ago. There is now tile over the living room and he is working on the second story, or third depending on how you want to look at it--over the bedrooms.
Kristi did buy a kitchen table and chairs at the same little Peoria store. She isn't certain she is happy with them. Mr Wonderful and I did. Hopefully, they will grow on her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Those look so comfy!!!
ReplyDelete