Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Tiny Baby


Kristi has loved cats her entire life. When she was just three years old, she pulled a five pound bag of cat food off of the grocery store shelf. I asked her what that was for, and she replied that it was for her cat. I told her she didn't have a cat and she said, "Well, I'm gunna." To humor her, I reached up on the top shelf and let her get a small box of cat food. She informed me that box was NOT going to be enough food for her cats. She was right. She started putting a little bowl of food and water out in the carport of our rental home and soon was feeding every cat in the neighborhood. We got her a kitten.

We have all been helping care for a little blind, deaf, newborn kitty Kristi's neighbor found in a park by their house. The neighbor gave the kitten to Kristi, as she has two big dogs. At first the little kitten wanted her mother and would not drink from the bottle. She had all of us a bit worried. She is finally getting the hang of it. I took these pictures after she drank a good amount of milk from a bottle and went to sleep. There are two pictures of her little paw on Kristi's cheek. I took one, and then another closeup. I think she is feeling safe and loved. Kristi has a young cat she got from Deidre and Joseph named Turbo Boots. She is babysitting her ex-roommates cat for the summer. This little kitten makes cat three for now and two when Tankers goes home. I think he found the perfect home....and not on accident. Matt called her Lux, for Lucky Kitty and the vet said with her tortoiseshell coloring more than likely, she is a girl. Kristi said she is naming the tiny baby kitten Princess Lux.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment