Well, I wrote a very lovely blog about this collage directly from Picassa. I got the "We cannot process your request at this time" and there was NO way to save my blog. It was already gone. I am a little perturbed. (And my picture was gone, but I did have that saved, thank goodness.)As you probably know, Corey Lyon has been repairing my roof. He is gone with his scouts camping this week, so I really wanted to paint the eves that were covered by the end tiles and never painted. Mr Wonderful and Stephie painted the eves over the garage while some of us were off having fun in California. He did not have a way to paint the high eves on the tri-levl part of the house, and he was heading to North Dakota anyway. I wanted the eves painted. I had lunch with Elizabeth Hunsaker last week, and she offered me a tall ladder. Corey had said he'd paint the eves, and at that time, I just thought I'd take the easy way out and let him paint the eves. I did think about having one of the kids just lay up on the roof, hang over a bit and paint them that way. Corey put some tiles up there, though and that idea was not possible.
Monday, I made a pest of myself and called Elizabeth Hunsaker for a tall ladder. Mind you, her only daughter was due to have a baby and husband Drew was getting ready to attend a family reunion in Nauvoo. Drew brought me a ladder over Tuesday, and Charlotte had her baby yesterday. I hope I wasn't a horrible inconvenience.
Yesterday, they said there was a heat advisory for today, as it is supposed to reach 112 degrees. Of course Kristi and Matt planned to spend the night and we would get up early to do the painting. Yesterday, Kristi's little neighbor girls found small kittens in a park by their home. Two of the kittens were dead and one was alive. They gave the kitten to Kristi. She picked up a bottle and milk substitute. Breezy and Matt stayed up ALL night and watched over the kitten. Kristi checked online for emergency "taking care of a newborn abandoned kitten information" and we did the best we could.
I got Kristi and Steph up and we started painting around 6:30. It took us awhile to even figure out how to work the ladder, etc. Painting the tall eves in the front went pretty well. The dogs were in the back yard, but they could see us. I think they thought they were guarding us. Well, Bear was a supervisor, as he was laying down on the job! I took a picture of a dragonfly on a bush beside us. Kristi loves them. Maybe he was another supervisor, or onlooker, or maybe he was just resting, totally unaware of any of us, who knows.
The sun was beating down on all of us as we helped with the eves in the back. We did get them finished, and even went back out front and painted an area a handyman repaired for us about two years ago that we have not bothered to paint. We touched up the white spots and also even painted over some blue and white areas that Austin painted for us when he was about five years old. (He is now ten.) We obviously have a serious procrastination problem going on around here.
Well, I have admired two ladies this past week or so. One replace the heating element in her dryer all by herself and the other fixed her washing machine. They were pretty proud, as they should have been. I just always wish I had an endless (and I do mean endless) supply of money to PAY professionals for any repair, paint job, car job, electrical, plumbing job I would ever need. My little daughter, Deidre and son in law, Joseph bought a home about a year ago. They read up and do every repair they can and are so happy with the knowledge. Again, let me reiterate: I just wish for an endless supply of money for a professional. Also, I wish I didn't have to get into things like painting tall areas when Mr Wonderful is gone.....but I am thankful for friends who loan me tall ladders and my children, who are willing to help me. We only have one son and he is busy right now being a full time Marine. I am not certain even if he was around it would be fair to call him every time I needed him. So glad the girls are willing to help me. There is no endless supply of money for repairs, and SO thankful to have the eves painted so Corey can continue on repairing the roof next week. Who knows, maybe he will even finish! Both of us would be very happy with that outcome.




Your life is always busy and interesting! My kids brought in a featherless baby dove years ago. Darn if we didn't raise that thing and it flew away one day. I love reading your blog posts. They make my life seem calm!
ReplyDeleteIt is one thing after another around here, and sometimes more than that! Also, we never touched up the area where Austin painted over the gray (Bonsai color) of our house, as we bought 5-10 gallons of it and the guy screwed up and used the wrong base! We were able to get some lady who recognized what was wrong to darken some of the paint, but got a gallon last week, and sure enough, it is the light screwed up color. All of my touched up areas are lighter than the original. Maybe in 10 or so years we will want to repaint the entire house....maybe? All I can say, is I tried. It wasn't good enough...but I tried.
ReplyDelete