Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Unexpected

Hi Everyone,

Well, I've missed you! I still don't have time to blog about three things I want to blog about. One, my trip to Florida, two, helping paint Deidre and Joseph's house....and three, well, I can't even remember what that was, so maybe it will never make a blog! I got home Monday night and don't know if I had jet lag....too much Florida sun.....or what, but was I dragging. I had a hard time even making it to the bed. I glanced in my laundry room, though, and nearly passed out--the piles of laundry had piles! I don't mind doing laundry, never have. I am not certain I have ever seen that much laundry. Well, I have, but not in my house. I worked on it all day Tuesday and into the evening. I was gone 9 days and eventually washed up 10 pair of Mr Wonderful's undies. I'd say....no one did any laundry. Mr Wonderful said maybe they just didn't care to wash his shorts.....I'd like to comment on the load of black clothes in the dryer--never seen such wadded up wrinkled infested shirts in my life. I bought some Downy wrinkle release at $6.49, then just decided to rewash and dry them. Did the kids want me to feel needed, or just had a vacation of their own? Hmmmm, maybe prepaying allowance was a bad thing?

Now I am getting to the thing I wanted to blog about in the first place. Remember Rosco Biggs, Danielle's little Chihuahua/Dachshund mix? Well, she dropped an Ibuprofen tablet on the floor yesterday and he ate it! She came downstairs, told me what had happened, and asked it it would hurt him. Oh yes! Tylenol is toxic to our livers in high dosages, and he weighs just twelve pounds. I told her to call the vet. I was told to give him a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and wait for him to throw up. If he didn't vomit, he was to go to the vet. Ok, no hydrogen peroxide--I had to run to CVS to get a bottle--make that two bottles as want to be prepared for my next first aide emergency. Little dog didn't vomit, so put his harness and leash on him and hauled him to the vet. His receptionist looked at me and informed me they were closed until 1 pm while the doctor did surgeries. I looked at her and calmly said, "He is the one that ate the Ibuprofen, you said to bring him in if he didn't vomit. Do you want me to come back at 1 pm?" In a poisoning situation, usually time is important. She checked with the vet, and I got to hold the small dog while Dr Hunt poured activated charcoal down his throat to absorb the Ibuprofen. That is the same thing they do to children...by the way...and I'd rather feed it to a dog! Liver damage usually starts three days after the Tylenol is ingested....but hope the little dog is out of danger. Danielle felt so badly about dropping the medication, but I am telling you, this dog is fast and will eat anything, so he has to have some of the blame for the accident. (I was chasing him around the back yard one day trying to get a very post mortem gopher out of his mouth--dog is nuts.) Well, I had my dog, Quigley in to the vet for seizures, Rosco was in with a swollen dew claw, Taz was in last week for a swollen, infected foot. I asked Dr Hunt for the frequent visit discount. He laughed and charged me only $25.....and certain it would have been much more at any other veterinary office.

I did read this blog to Stephanie, who was one of the kids in charge of laundry. She said she did do three loads while I was gone, but turned one of her sister's white shirts pink....and didn't want to do that to her dad's undies....Frankly, I doubt he would care, but we will go with that excuse for now!

On a very sad note, one of my best friends is very sick with complications of cancer, and Mr Wonderful's best friend and brother-in-law, Owen, was just diagnosed with cancer. He is at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Mn, best place in the US or maybe the world (according to my cancer doctor), so that is a plus for him. Keep Mr Wonderful, and his extended family in your prayers, also offer a few for my dear from Pam R.....love that lady. Also, my mom had surgery on her bad bunion on her foot. She is currently being nursed by my sister, Vickie. She is having a hard time sitting in a wheelchair.....I've never seen her sit very long at all. I guess the golfers at the 13th hole in back of my sister's house are keeping her entertained for now. IN three weeks, they get to do her other foot. There is something to be very thankful for and that is she is human and only has two feet. If we were Octopi, there would be 8 bunions! That is something to think about! Until next time. This is ???Mrs Wonderful (what do I call myself on this blog, anyway?) signing out for now.

1 comment:

  1. Life never slows down for you, does it?! Good luck with the laundry. I'm sure it will still be there in the morning! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all.

    ReplyDelete