Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Painting at Deidre and Joseph's New Home

Around a month or so ago, Deidre and Joseph needed some help painting their first new home. They primed the entire house, then invited us over to paint.....and I have the pictures to prove it.
This is Joseph getting the lid off of the paint.
This is Kristi, Breezy, Stephanie, Toughie and me painting the wall a chocolate color. It made us very hungry. :) Toughie was totally thrilled to be able to paint. He did a nice job.

A shot of me doing the low spots, Toughie and Breezy doing the middle and I think Steph was doing the edges.

This is me acting like I am a supervisor telling people where to go. They pretty much didn't need any supervising and went where they were supposed to go, although you probably won't be able to tell from the pictures I decided to show. They are more playful. (We did work.....some.)

Deidre replacing the locks on the front door. Toughie is keeping a close eye. This really had his interest.


Toughie and granny taking a break.

Breezy having a zen moment.

This I call the "Kristi is going to shoot me" picture. She was floor dancing to the music.

Mr Wonderful showed up to bring us some tools and decided to help Deidre install locks. I love his shirt....what would you expect from someone that works at a nuclear power plant!
Well, the wall is painted and Steph is taking a break. I just babysat a little baby over at Deidre and Joseph's house yesterday. The walls are all painted, they are moved in, and the home is lovely. I need a couple of "after painting" pictures to show. I love it when this family has opportunities to serve each other. They work and play well together. Many hands make light work! It is true!

2 comments:

  1. Our family has helped us paint on occasion and you're right, it does make the job faster and much more enjoyable. What a great day for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like fun! You have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete