My friend, Margaret and her dog child, Oliver walking on her land in Florida.I've really been enjoying Face book a lot. I am pretty good at writing letters, but the general public isn't. Face book is great as people can write one line and keep in touch. It is very easy to post pictures to--way more easy than posting them to this blog...hint, hint, powers that be. I am stealing a face book post between my friend Margaret and her daughter Amy. It is Margaret that I went to visit in Florida. She and her husband have the home on the 7 acres in Plant City, Fl. This is the excerpt Amy shared today on her Face book site. If you read my blog, you will see why Margaret, Amy and I are such great friends....hilariously funny things happen to us all of the time. This is totally Amy's material....but I want to have a copy of it forever as it is good "stuff". Margaret rides around on her riding lawn mower all week mowing the grass on her 7 acres. She just gets finished and it is time to mow again. Here is her latest mowing saga:
The Plight of the Opossum on My Mother's Farm
by Amy Hoster
Today at 3:21pm
The following is a conversation between me and my mother……I LOVE HER TONS
MY MOM (Margaret): It's hot my brain is fried and there was a dead animal just outside the deck! (opossum, I asked Calli and she swears she knows nothing ....... GROSS is all I have to say. You don't suppose it pulled down the squirrel feeder and croaked say it hit him on the head? Did seem odd that the gallon jar was not broken. Say it hit him on the head (OUCH) and he died? He was right by that corner of the porch - I thought he was playing dead as he is a opossum after all. He was fairly stiff so I guess he's DEAD ........... mowing in the country is fun!!!
ME (Amy): The opossum committed suicide.
MY MOM (Margaret): I prefer to think of as an unsolved crime ......... or maybe it is napping in the garbage can! Perhaps I should call NCIS?
by Amy Hoster
Today at 3:21pm
The following is a conversation between me and my mother……I LOVE HER TONS
MY MOM (Margaret): It's hot my brain is fried and there was a dead animal just outside the deck! (opossum, I asked Calli and she swears she knows nothing ....... GROSS is all I have to say. You don't suppose it pulled down the squirrel feeder and croaked say it hit him on the head? Did seem odd that the gallon jar was not broken. Say it hit him on the head (OUCH) and he died? He was right by that corner of the porch - I thought he was playing dead as he is a opossum after all. He was fairly stiff so I guess he's DEAD ........... mowing in the country is fun!!!
ME (Amy): The opossum committed suicide.
MY MOM (Margaret): I prefer to think of as an unsolved crime ......... or maybe it is napping in the garbage can! Perhaps I should call NCIS?
Again, thanks to Face book I can stay in the loop hearing about Margaret's adventures on her farm! Thanks or no thanks to my blog, you get to be in the loop, too!




No comments:
Post a Comment