
Oatmeal Bread (Which I turned into 12 rolls instead)
ingredients:
1 packet active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
3 cups unbleached bread flour (I used all purpose, and was happy with my results)
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar or honey (I used brown sugar)
directions:
In the bowl of a stand mixer dissolve the yeast in the warm milk and let sit until puffy, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and knead with the dough hook for about five minutes, or until smooth. (If not using a stand mixer, knead by hand about 10 minutes.) Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover, and allow it to rise for 1 hour, or until puffy and almost double in size.
Punch down the dough and shape it into a log. place it in a lightly greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan, cover the pan and allow to rise for 1 1 1/2 hours, or until it's tisen to approximately 1" to 2" over hte rim of the pan. toward he end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350. bake the bread for 35-40 minutes, or until the bread appears done and sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing.
From King Arthur flour
I actually found this recipe at WhatMegan'sMaking
My family prefers rolls or biscuits, so I divided the dough into 12 parts and put them in a greased 9 by 13 baking dish, covered them with plastic wrap that was sprayed with a little spray oil, and let them raise until double. I forgot to have the dough raise first, but they were very nice rolls and the family loved them. I think I got away with my mistake, as it is warm here in AZ, and no problem getting bread/rolls to rise.




Can I just say you amaze me. You sew, cook, and entertain!!! You are just wonder woman. AND, I am so glad you are blogging again!!!
ReplyDelete