Ok, this brings me to my one observation. I bought an inexpensive three drawer plastic deal to put 'matched' sets of plastic wear in. I religiously made certain no bowl, or bottom went in there without its lid. Ok, six months later, there are mostly no matching lids and bottoms in there. I do have my mom staying with me, and she likes to unload the dishwasher for me, and I imagine I have plastic wear stashed here, there and everywhere.....but really. Some women may be able to keep that stuff together, but I think I just need to throw it all out every six months and get a small matched sets of tops and bottoms so I don't go nuts.
Also, I have been on the Pinterest site, pinning stuff I am never going to do, but it is cute. I came across some VERY and I mean VERY did you get that Carla (only friend that reads this) VERY organized kid's rooms, organized craft rooms, pantries so organized.....I nearly said what a crock. There are actually women with 1.2 children out there, and maybe some with 2.0 kids out there, but I want to see those rooms with people that have 9.0 count them: 9.0 kids and exactly what those rooms look like. Heck, I could show you a few of those rooms, but I'm not gonna. Think hovel rooms, and you have an idea of my house.
Ok, now, I am going to talk about those craft rooms, with the shelves up to the ceiling and everything marked and in its own place and the neat small desk for scrapbooking or whatever there...all pristine. You are kidding me, right? Where did she stash the 9,999 unfinished or 'to do' projects? I think it is just a craft room, but she doesn't really craft in there--she goes off to some scrapbooking club and messes up some other lady's house, is what I think. I could be wrong.
I've been working on dejunking my house. I've been in the playroom for about 3 weeks, mainly as I haven't finished. There is a big piece of exercise equipment in the middle of the room my mother uses for a laundry rack. I need to organize my totally hoarder looking computer/food storage/wedding crap storage/unfinished project/sewing room......and my un-feng shui bedroom.....I haven't an idea how to do it yet, and even with prayer, nothing has hit me, so I am just going to go sew the 40 yards of fabric I cut into blankets and call it good.....for now. I am open for suggestions, that do not involve throwing out my projects, just my plastic and lidless bowls, and bowl-less lids, etc.
Until next time, this is Sandy, signing out for now.




You just make me laugh!!!
ReplyDeleteCarla, even if I get totally organized for me, it is never going to be as organized as 'those' ladies' homes. I haven't got it in me. Even if all my dogs and the two birds drop dead, I am pretty sure I am doomed to some level of chaos and confusion. I wonder if I'll end up with all the other clutter freaks in heaven.....No, as can't take my unfinished projects with me.....bummer.
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel better, those ladies homes are never really that clean either. They cleaned (or hid) the crap that time, took a picture, and it will never look like that again. So, it's not you, you are just willing to be honest to the world wide web
ReplyDeleteThank you, Baby Oven, I feel somewhat better, although I think I'll just stay off of Pinterest, as it makes me feel like such a slob.....with no matching plastic wear at all.
ReplyDelete