Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brighter Than the Sun


Brighter Than The Sun

Well, Miss Breezy is 19 years old today. Where did the years go? It just doesn't seem all that long ago that she was born. She was our last baby, the milestone baby, so to speak. She was our last everything--last baby, last child in diapers, last pre schooler, last one in grade school, junior high, and last year, high school. I LOVED being a mother. I'm not saying I was all that good at it, but I got a lot of wonderful practice.

Breezy has added so much to my life. I was so excited to have her home as my only preschooler. She told her older sisters, "I bored the crap out of her." She was a preschool drop out--hated to go, just wanted to go to college with Megan. She kind of turned my world, and what I expected from my last child upside down--My wishes were not hers. She never had a baby sitter besides one of her sisters until she was around 3 years old. I left her with a neighbor down the street so I could help out in Stephanie's kindergarten class. She cried tears every time I left her. Fairly recently, when I was talking about it, she shuddered, and said, "I still can't believe you left me with strangers!"

Breezy has never been moody. She always has a smile on her face. I remember going to a New Beginnings for Young Women when Breezy turned twelve years old. NO one would participate, and Sister Kleinman was really having a hard time getting any of the girls to do their part--sorry to say, even a couple of my girls. Breezy happily volunteered, and did about six parts. When Breezy turned 17 years old, I went to New Beginnings, and thought about how many of them I'd been to through the years--probably 16 or so, and pondered that it was probably the last one.

Last May, Breezy graduated from high school. She started college for a Medical Assisting program in August. She was the youngest one in the program. Quite a few students have dropped, but she has studied and done very well. Arlen and I are very proud of her. She seeks us out, and gives us a big hug every day. She has the brightest smile. When I am hugging her back, I think How blessed I am......and how much I am going to miss those hugs and smiles when life takes her into her own home.....and away from us. She teases and says she will never leave, and that she will take care of her dad and I and drive us around when we are old. True love hasn't struck her yet--that love that will draw her away from her parents and on to her eternal partner.

My heart gets a bit twingey and my eyes a bit dewey thinking of my last baby girl growing up. Thank you, Heavenly Father for lending us Breezy. Thank you for blessing us with her sisters, and the miracle of experiencing a fine son. Though my mothering days are coming to an end, I am thankful for the opportunity to have had the best job in the world.

Arlen and the kids, have made my life 'Brighter than the Sun.' Please take a 3 minutes and enjoy the quirky, happy song if you like. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment