Friday, February 19, 2010
The Native Market at Westgate
Well, mom, Danielle and I were eating at Which Wich, mom's very favorite sandwich shop. We saw all of these lovely people in their Native American dance ceremonial clothes. We decided to investigate. We did a little shopping in the free Native market you can see in the pictures. We met two sweet little girls from Colorado, who let us take their pictures. Aleya is on the left and sister Maleya is on the right. They are so adorable! I took a few pictures of the booths. Mom and I bought a dessert fry bread and took it over by the fountain yo see to eat it. If you look VERY closely....VERY closely, you can barely see mom there by the umbrella and the dancing water fountains. The weather was just right--not too hot and not too cold and a light breeze. Aley and Maleya said it is too hot and they are looking forward to heading home to the cold! I was hoping to see some dancers, but they are performing in the hockey arena and there is an admission charge, and charge to park. Mom and I just enjoyed seeing the Native costumes, sweet friendly people, and their lovely art, jewelry and rugs, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment