Friday, February 26, 2010
For Two Special Babies
I have been making little satin edged baby blankets for years and years now. I must have made into the hundreds of these little blankets for little babies. Sometimes the babies love their blankets SO much, I have been asked to make a blanket JUST like the one they have loved on for a year....or longer. Sadly, I usually can't exactly remember WHICH fabrics I used for a particular blanket, and in most cases, I can't even get the same fabrics. I make the little toddlers a very brightly colored blanket instead of the sweet one made of pastel fabrics that most of them get when they are born. They love the new one as much as they did the old one. I have only had a few mothers complain to me that their little children had to haul around TWO blankets instead of one! Anyway, the pink one is the second one I have made in the past month or so with the baby bears on it. I just loved the fabric. The first one went to baby Genna in North Dakota. This second one is going to one of Danielle's friends, whose baby is due in April. The little blue one is headed to North Dakota for Arlen's nephew, Geoff, and wife, Darcy's little preemie baby, Grady Neil. My serger is in for repairs, so I have been keeping busy with the regular machine. Have a good evening! I am finished sewing for the day and need to go scrub a kitchen floor! I'd much rather be sewing, but will be very happy to have a clean floor, too. Have a nice weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment