Friday, February 19, 2010

A Little Sewing

The other side of this apron is the dark green fabric like the large shamrock and the jewlery holder below.
The little travel jewelry holder I made is on the left--The one I won is on the right. I have them open so you can see where the jewlry goes. They are closed up tight in the picture below.
Well, I was going to finish up some little preemie shirts I have been working on, and my serger needs to be repaired. There is nothing wrong with my regular sewing maching, so I used it for a couple of projects. I told my cousin, Annette, who is running her own little bakery and consignment store in Roosevelt, Utah, that I would make her some holiday aprons. I sent off a really cute reversible Christmas one and one for Valentine's Day. Today, I made a reversible one for her to use around St Patrick's Day. The two pictures of my mom modeling the apron ended up in two different files....so you only get to see one side. I couldn't get both of them to copy to my blog. :(

I went to a Premire Jewelry home show this evening. I was a half hour or so late, as watched the movie, A Time Traveler's Wife that my children had put on for my viewing pleasure. The jewlery guy demonstrated a few of his lovely necklaces; then played a purse game.....I recently dumped most everything out of my purse. I did get a ticket for attending and a second ticket for bringing my daughter, Kristi to the party, or whatever it was. I won the little pink travel jewlery holder shown above. I was looking at it and admiring it. The man doing the party said, "What are you trying to do--SEE HOW TO DO IT?".....quite rudely. One of the ladies informed him I sewed. In my mind I thought, "No kidding I can make this." Truthfully, I am an overweight middle aged lady. It amazes me how rude some people can be, as why would they want to worry about what we think? (I speak for all of us!!) Yep, rude man I made one. I came home and used one of my saucers, a small Christmas plate and the edge of Arlen's thermos for my round circle patterns. The green one is MY travel jewelry holder I sewed up by looking at the little pink one.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I really need to pick up some sewing skills! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete