Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Favorite Kitchen Gadget



Well, Happy Thanksgiving. My old potato peeler died. It had a small metal handle and small blade. I didn't use it much--usually used an equally ancient little paring knife to peel potatoes. Mr Wonderful would help me if he was home, as my hands would start to cramp up. I recently bought this little Kitchen aide brand potato peeler. It has a fat handle and extra wide, sharp blade. I used it to make short work of peeling five pounds of potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner. It is the Cadillac of potato peelers--I actually wish my old peeler had fallen apart ten years ago! Would have saved my hands a lot of agony. Oh well, they probably did not have fat handled, nice peelers until recently.

Added blog bonus: Our Favorite Mashed Potato Recipe.

Peel, cook and mash five pounds of Russet Potatoes
Add:
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese

Mix all together and put in a buttered casserole dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. I love this recipe, as do them the day before and then bake them off the day we need them. Saves a LOT of time on Thanksgiving Day and also Christmas.

Note: They need to be at room temperature before you bake them to have them warm in 40 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have that one in pink! Do you love it? I love it. I got it at Ross.

    ReplyDelete