
This is a little fountain we bought and put in the front yard....for now. I might move it to the back patio so I can hear the water sounds once my mom is finished planting flowers in the front yard. I would have LOVED a large fountain, but could afford this little one. :)

I had the old wagon and the copper pot. Mom planted a thorny little corn flower and two trailing white petunia plants in the pot. I bought two flags the other day...The white one says "Welcome to the Shore". Mom put it by the wagon.....our idea of a joke. I guess I could move the flag to the pool area..there is a bit more "shore" there. I just love the seashells, etc on the flag.

These are some pots mom planted with snap dragons, pansies, and petunias. There is an ornamental cabbage plant on the cream
separator, and there are geraniums and pink petunias in the top of the cream
separator. Notice the little flag by the pots...Think they are poppies on that flag, and it is for my mom, as some poppies are named "Shirley Poppies" and she is a Shirley.

This is a little color bowl nestled in the rocks. If there is a freeze warning, we can put the flowers on the back patio....will have to see how they do. One year, I had petunias all winter and they were huge, wonderfully full plants in the early spring....and dead with April's heat. :( Some little pansies I had literally just
disintegrated in the heat.
We picked up some redwood stained fence boards that I am planning to make into a flower planter. I'll let you know how that goes. I am working my way up to a vegetable garden....with the gophers, that will be more of a challenge that I haven't been quite up to....just yet.
I know that you are sooo excited to have your Mom here. I have to say...I'm a bit "jealous" of the relationship you two have! Even though I don't know her, I do know you, so she has to be wonderful! AND, anyone who loves flowers and working outside HAS to be wonderful! Thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDeleteLooks so pretty! I need Grandma to come and put some color in my yard!
ReplyDelete