My mother said as long as she is taking a picture, she can take one of my butt. Worked for me.

My cousin, Annette hiding mother's behind.....I can't tell you how much fun it is to be around these two. You never know what is going to be said, or what is going to happen.

This is a slightly bad picture of the finished planter. It took mom and I three days to make it. I can say, we had trouble finding the tools we needed in Mr Wonderful's garage. We had trouble figuring out how to use said tools.....and this is a six foot by 2 foot wide by I have no clue at this point how deep planter. You could easily use it for a coffin if you needed to. We learned quite a bit about how not to stain boards. These were already painted with redwood stain. We bought some red mahogany colored stain and thank goodness we started staining the inside, as it turned the wood more black than red. We just stained the outside clear and it looks very lovely. We filled most of the planter with Styrofoam after covering the bottom with two layers of metal fencing. There are two layers over most of it, as it came in five feet lengths and we did not feel like patching it, so we overlapped it and called it good. (No gophers will be gnawing through the bottom of our planter, that is for certain.) We did use around 7 cubic feet of dirt on top of the Styrofoam...which is 3 1/2 HUGE bags of potting soil. Both my mother AND I were SO happy when she was finally able to plant flowers in the planter. I need to back up and take a better picture and post it....sometime. The sun was in my eyes, so this is as good as it gets today. The project was so fun....got to do a major one with my mom. It was stressful, as I wanted it to turn out nicely.....and miracle of miracle, it looks pretty good. Both mom and I had our doubts, but we love it. I say, try something new with someone you love, say a few prayers and enjoy the end result. I will be sewing the rest of the week to destress from this project....but wonder what we could do with some of that lovely lattice board at the home improvement store.........

No comments:
Post a Comment