Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pam's Buffalo Chicken Dip

Our ward held a recipe exchange using chicken recipes last week. There were wonderful creamed chicken recipes, salads, pot pie type recipes. I shared Megan's Chicken Enchilada Casserole (which everyone loved, too by the way). That is one recipe I have blogged about in the past. We all LOVED Pam Hamblin's Buffalo Chicken Dip. It is tangy, but not too hot. I was surprised that there was Blue cheese in it, as I can't stand it.....would never have guessed. I am making a batch of it to share with the kids (and Mr Wonderful, it is Father's Day after all). Mr Wonderful and the girls love hot wings from Brother's Pizza. I have watched and all the guys at Brothers do is dip the fried chicken wings in the Red Hot sauce--and my kids dip those wings in Ranch dressing. This dip is like a hot wing you can spread on a tortilla strip. After this very long winded introduction, I give you Pam Hamblin's Buffalo Chicken Dip! Well, the recipe. Make your own and eww and aah over it.

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Blue Cheese or Ranch Salad dressing (I used Ranch, Pam used Blue Cheese)
1/2 cup Cayenne Pepper Sauce. I used Frank's Hot Shot
1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese or shredded Mozzarella cheese. (I used the Blue Cheese)
2 cans (9.75 each) chunk chicken breast in water--DRAINED (used a 12.50 ounce can from Costco--just one)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot
2. Heat until dip is warm and all cheese is melted.
Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or vegetables.

Note: Danielle, a friend from work, Steph and Breezy are working on a huge project in the middle of my living room. Should I be able to get to a camera and post a picture of the dip, will do....but not this minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment