Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Well, a week early.

Breezy's camera is missing in action...so can't take any pictures until it shows up. Also, I had pictures for a few posts on there, too. We have no clue where it is.....that would be the definition of lost.

I thought Father's Day was today. After all, they had a bunch of Father's Day ads in the newspaper ads last week. Last Monday, Mr Wonderful and I went to Sears to buy him a 50% off tool chest for his garage. There was a bit of false advertising and the tool chests advertised were not the ball bearing drawer ones that he wanted. We found a slightly damaged (one scratch.....It is going in a garage for Heaven's sake!) two piece unit on sale for a little over $700. It listed for over $1500. I felt like it fit the 50% off criteria, was way large, should hold all of his tools and last his lifetime. We bought it, then were wondering if we could cram it into my Rondo. We had two very nice buff Sears employees. They wrangled the large bottom section in my car. I suggested if they pulled it back, then the smaller top unit would fit across where the two back seats usually are....as my BIG fat 45 yard rolls of fluffy batting fit up there. Sure enough it fit! I wish I had a picture to share with you, but I don't....refer to paragraph number one.

Kristi pointed out to me that Father's Day is really June 21st. Today, is flag day. Go figure. I don't have a flag to display or a pole for said flag. The grandkids will be spending Father's Day with their dads, so we celebrated today. Mr Wonderful grilled pork chops, and we had a very nice family dinner. I am SO happy to be ahead of the game for once! Mr Wonderful's gift is in the garage! He can move his tools into it whenever he wants to! He can kick back and relax next Sunday....and we can celebrate all over again! If the camera shows up, I can even take a picture of him with his lovely new tool chest.
PS It has a nice lock so he can lock it up and his tools shouldn't go missing....as they seem to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment