It is my friend, Pam's birthday today. I made her a special blanket. She has cancer, and is cold, even in the 100 plus degree heat. Well, she gets cold in the air conditioned buildings and her home--has to go outside to warm up. Plus, her husband likes the AC on when he gets home from work.
Pam told me her favorite colors are Navy blue, cranberry and green. I checked out the flannel situation at Joanne's. Since it is summer, there was not a great selection. I did find a navy piece of the cozy fleece and the navy/green plaid. Take my word for it, the blanket IS Navy blue. I found the missing camera and took a picture. Had I not found the camera and ran to Kristi's for her to take a picture for me, the color would have turned out much better. I'll see if Pam lets me take a picture with her blanket when I take it over to her. I had a hard time picking out a birthday card for Pam. The "May this be your best birthday ever" card was most definitely out. I needed one that said, "May this be your last crappy birthday since you have the cancer, are undergoing chemo, and have painful blood clots....but you will have many, many more wonderful birthdays.....cancer free, pain free, etc." That is the card I needed. I guess I will go write something. We plan to watch some "Chick Flix" this week. She has chemo every other week, and this is not the week. I'm just going to pray she can stay out of the hospital this month. That is her wish. I think she has ended up there every month since October--sometimes weeks at a time. May this be a good week for all of my dear friends that are really, really sick....including my friend, Glen. Hmmm, I wonder what his favorite colors are.....
Mr Wonderful noticed that the laundry is caught up. I know he doesn't care one way or the other how piled up it is, so I was surprised he said anything. The kids and grand kids have been in and out of the pool all weekend, and the towels were piled all over the laundry room floor....and a pile or two in the hall. I guess that is something you would notice. My large capacity washing machine died. I really miss it. I imagine I will be able to get the really expensive washer my mom, sis and cousin have....as soon as I kill off this puny washing machine. I really miss my Downy dispenser and the gentle cycle...and the hand washable cycle.....Oh well. At least I am not hauling the stuff to a river and beating it with a rock!




No comments:
Post a Comment