| Blueberry Box Pie--Mike came up with the name. |
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take store bought pie crusts out of refrigerator and let them come to room temp. I lined the small pan with one, and ran the extra up the sides of the pan. I took 1 cup of my blueberries, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 T lemon juice, and cooked it in a small pan for a bit, then removed it from the heat and stirred in my other 1 cup blueberries. I added about 2 teaspoons of cornstarch and mixed it in. Poured the fruit into the crust lined pan and dotted the fruit with 1/2 teaspoon of butter. I folded the pie crust over the top and added that patch of crust in the center. I cooked it at 400 for 10 minutes, then 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. After taking it out of the oven, I glazed it with a little powdered sugar mixed with two teaspoons of lemon juice. No clue if it is good or not.....Just keeping myself entertained while I am FB free.
Mike was eating the Hamburger Helper dinner Stephanie had made for us earlier and looked over at my creation. "Making a little box pie for dad?" he asked. I think W will need a little French vanilla ice cream. :-)
2-21-13 PS W LOVED this desert. I will make a more lovely one next time.




Looks yummy!
ReplyDelete