
Kristi and Matt love the mini muffins that Hostess makes. They are up to $4.29 for six small packages. I told Kristi I would experiment, and try to make some muffins like the Hostess ones, and for less money. First, I tried a little box of Jiffy Mix Chocolate Chip cookies and turned them into muffins. They were a little dry and they had the bigger chips, so wasn't the greatest. I also made up a batch of the chocolate, chocolate chip muffins by Jiffy. They were very yummy, but obviously I was side tracked.
W came home from work this evening, and I gave him the Buffalo Chicken salad I purchased for him at Which Wich this afternoon. I just can't get in the mood to cook. It is too hot and purchased food is just too tempting. He asked me if there were any of the chocolate muffins left. Well, I sent them all home in little snack bags with Kristi....but told him I'd make him some more, so I did. Well I made the mini-chocolate chip mini muffins, as he likes those better than the straight chocolate ones. I am putting his in little snack bags, too, and hiding them in the downstairs refrigerator so he, too can take some to work. Who knew they would be so popular. :-)
Mini Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Combine the first four dry ingredients in a small bowl. Beat egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill paper-lined mini muffin cups pretty full and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned, and toothpick comes out clean. Cool five minutes. Yield: 24 mini-muffins. Put two or three in a snack bag, put in a Tupperware bowl in the refrigerator, and let your hubby or kids take a pack to work or school.




Those sound and look delicious!
ReplyDelete