Well, as you know, I have been painting for a couple of weeks now. Before I started painting, the rent was raised by 9 bucks on an off site storage unit that I had baby fabric (and a few winter baby items) stored in. I had been slowly emptying the unit....but the last straw was the increase in price. Well, we hauled home two small truck loads and one big truck load of shelves, totes of fabric, dusty fabric....and more fabric home to the house. I spent a good week putting totes of fabric in our back shed, washing fabric up and cutting it out, and actually sewing up quite a bit of it. Kristi and I then started painting.....and painted some more....and we plan to paint a closet tomorrow. This house is kind of like the Golden Gate Bridge: I imagine by the time I finally get the last room painted, it will be time to start over again. Oh, I hope we can move before that happens, as I am really getting burned out on painting...and actually can edge my own walls now, a skill I never cared to develop.Kristi and I went out to lunch to Subway today and stopped in at Fry's to get the makings for the chicken salad that she loves. We also picked up what she needed to make "Black Cherry, white chocolate cupcakes in a jar." Now, I can tell you that I have been painting and not food shopping, and somehow, they managed to TOTALLY rearrange my Fry's food store since last I shopped. Kristi and I had a cart that only wanted to go in circles, then we added 12 gallons of 'very on sale' water, and then proceeded to push it in crop circles around, and around, and around the store looking for the 12 or so items we needed. We got quite a workout. We had to settle for sugar free black cherry jello, as couldn't find dark cherry in the sugared varieties. I assured Kristi there was going to be enough sugar in the cupcakes with the cake mix, pudding mix, Fry's store brand of cool whip, that no one would notice a little aspartame....but I will let you know if they do.
I had picked up four of the half pint jars months ago but never got around to using them. Creative cooking does not seem to be my forte. I am glad I had them for Kristi to make her cupcake masterpieces in. Feel free to drop by Whipperberry to see the recipe and her lovely cupcakes in a jar.
Well, it is late, and I am headed off to bed. Have a great week with those you love. My two daughters, Danielle and Breezy, who have been vacationing in ND with their dad will be arriving home tomorrow. I will be so tickled to have them back home!




No comments:
Post a Comment