Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween Bags

I picked up a couple of quilt magazines last week to read while I waited at the hospital for a routine test I have every six months....I really wanted to MAKE something in one of the magazines. I am not certain what I do with my time--have tons of fabric and very little time to sew. I saw these Halloween bags in the current issue of Quilter's World and decided I was going to make them. I didn't really pay much attention to what SIZE they were. when I started drafting my pattern as per directions, they were going to be HUGE! Well, 12 inches by 12 inches. In retrospect, that is a very good and useful size if you were going to make them for your kids' trick or treat bags. Danielle saw them and wanted to display one at her station at work. If I made it the 12 by 12 size, she could use it as a holiday tote bag. I redrafted the pattern to half the size. The little cat and Frankenstein bags I made ended up around 6 inches square. Kristi is using the cat at school and as stated, Danielle's will be at her station. If I make another "Frank" I need to put his eyebrows lower....just not good on placements. They turned out cute enough and miracle of miracle, my cheap sewing machine was able to stitch through the fabric and batting layers with out making this horrible crash sound it makes when I hit a pin, have a lump in the fabric, etc. One goal met: I DID finish something from the quilting magazines.

2 comments: