Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Super Saturday Crafts


We held our bazillionth annual Super Saturday last Saturday. I taught a class on the embellished tie onesies shown in the first picture. I used fusible web to fuse the little ties to the onesies, then satin stitched around the little ties. I thought I'd need several different sized ties, but the little one I used worked well for a newborn as well as 6-9 month size AND a twelve month onesie. I prewashed the tie fabric as well as the onesies, as they seem to shrink quite a bit.

The second picture is a Frankenstein made out a Styrofoam cube, small one inch Styrofoam ball, and slightly larger Styrofoam ball that we sculpted the ears and eye brows out of. We painted him green and glue gunned on his parts after he had dried a bit. He has black felt hair that we glued on top, and then gave him a wacky little hair cut and carefully glued the sides down.

Last but not least is two of the six or seven pumpkins I made for the girls. I HAD to make one for Shanna, our girl who LOVES the stuff we wrapped the fabric around to make the pumpkins. Can you guess what it is? I'm not going to tell you......just yet.

3 comments:

  1. You are past talented!! You should have a SUPER Sandy not SUPER Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, your girls are the talented ones. I can't get over Marni's blog, etc and Miche's ideas she comes up for Young Women, etc. They get it from their mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete