
Ok, so I haven't blogged for awhile. I have been Facebooking...well, on Facebook. I have also been looking at a lot of blogs....quite a few of them. They are pretty impressive. Mine, on the other hand, has really gone downhill. For one thing, I don't know how to do the Picassa for my pictures on the Mac computer, and have been dealing with iPhoto. On top of that, I stopped using ole partial eye, Breezy's slightly broken Kodak camera, and VERY recently started using the point and shoot Canon the kids got me two Christmases ago. I do not know if it is me, or the camera, but my photos have also gone down the hill. I guess I have a LOT I could be blogging about, but decided to blog about the Pizzelle cookie maker I bought at Saver's this morning for $13.oo. It still had the $30.00 price tag on it. It was brand new, in the box (I know, as couldn't even get it OUT of the box and styrofoam packing without using a pair of scissors to do so.) Anyway, I made some Pizzelle batter, and got my mom and we made 4 dozen cookies--some turned out good, some not so good. A lady made some of these Pizzelles and brought them to one of our recipe exchanges, so wanted to try them. Also, the little Pizelle maker can go hang out in the garage cupboard until I decide to make more Pizelles. If the kids don't like them, I can always re-donate the little Pizzelle machine....or use it and tell the kids they are VERY thin waffles! Also, this was the recipe that came with the machine. I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I come across any others to try. Mom and I rolled these cookies into little tubes. I am going to fill some of them with chocolate filling and some with vanilla. Austin just got home and declined a Pizzelle. He said they smell like an ice cream cone.
Pizzelles
6 eggs
1/4 c oil
1/4 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1/4 c shortening
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp flavoring (anise, lemon, vanilla or almond extract)
2 -2 1/2 cups flour
Blend ingredients together, adding one at a time. Drop approximately a heaping one half tablespoon of batter onto center of each cookie section. Close lid and allow to cook 45 seconds to 1 minute and 15 seconds or until lightly brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack or towels. Dust with powdered sugar. Cookies may be served flat or rolled tightly into a cylinder. Cookies must be hot during rolling and held in shape until cool. Makes 3-4 dozen. (We got 4 dozen)




No comments:
Post a Comment