Monday, September 7, 2009
Our Marine's Second Care Package
Well, my camera cord is missing. I wanted to take a picture of the different items we have put together for our Marine's second care package.....but will just tell you what is in there. Mr Wonderful picked out some camouflage colored water balloons for me to send and an M & M candy holder with a battery operated fan on it. (It is hotter in Iraq than it is here in Phoenix, so it is the thought that counts....He probably could use a reuglar AC unit!) Breezy's alter nickname besides Breezy, is Monkey. The "Middle-child" named her that. Mr Wonderful and I were in Ace hardware and found this talcum powder in a screaming yellow and red topped container and the name: Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. We bought it for Breezy for a joke. Our Marine said maybe we could send him some of that "Monkey Butt" powder, and we aim to please! I am not certain my homemade cookies made it in an edible condition, so sent his favorite Snickerdoodles, but from Fry's....so imagine they have enough preservatives to make a long trip. I sent him some Beef Jerky, a Chinese type lantern with a jack-o-lantern look and the AA batteries to power it....some protein bars and candy bars. The kids, Mr Wonderful and I signed a talking, crazy card and put it in the box, as the post office kills those talking cards in some of their machinery, (they get smashed) and want to make certain it works. Still waiting to hear if he received package number one or not.....Has been over two weeks since we have heard from our Marine....Hopefully my camera cord will show up soon. Still wondering how it grew legs and moved away from the computer.
Labels:
care packages,
Marine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment