What a day I am having. I wrote this entire blog, and the entire thing with the exception of the picture and caption above totally disappeared!
Starting over:
I started deep cleaning my house three weeks ago. I worked one week on the upper level, and a week on the living room and kitchen. Our big trash put out date was last week, so was actually happy to think about doing some yard work instead of housework. It is still over 100 degrees here in Phoenix, so couldn't work more than a few hours at a time on my yard. In fact, it took me two days to make out of the front yard. Mr Wonderful works all of the time, the kids are back in school, so it was me working on the weeds. I started to get a little depressed, as after four days, I figured the weeds were only about 15-20% done....tried to get Stephanie to help, but she just looked at me somewhat comatose and went back to sleep. Thursday, I had Danielle help do some weeds,as was starting to get the "Little Red Hen" feeling only I wasn't making bread, I was merely pulling weeds. I was wondering why I had ownership over all of them.
Saturday I was awakened to the sound of happy voices in my backyard. I got up to investigate, and Jennifer, Austin, Kristi, Matt, Deidre, Joseph and then later, Stephanie and Breezy were all pulling weeds and cleaning up the backyard! Deidre orchestrated the entire job. They originally planned to do it this coming Saturday for Mr Wonderful and my thirty-third wedding present, but thought if they waited, I would have all of the work finished! I was SO amazed, happy, tickled, thrilled to say I raised them.....what fun they had helping mom and dad. They got cleaned up a bit and we all went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. $73 would not even pay the wage for a single landscaper, and we had eight.
I am hoping the huge weed pile out front is picked up by some miracle the next two days. We flood irrigate the property on Wednesday and always have to sand bag the gopher holes so the water does not run down the street...can't even imagine my weeds becoming a flotilla! Thanks, Kids! You are truly amazing.




No comments:
Post a Comment