Friday, January 4, 2013
Guys Have Their Man Caves, I Have a Sewing Hovel
The Marine moved home in June and only had his tiny little room. He had three times as much gear as would fit in there. It took me six weeks, but I cleaned out the second biggest bedroom (which I had been using for my Sewing for Babies items and a ???12 foot quilting table that I had no idea how to use. (I was pretty much using it as a shelf.) Anyway, the fabric is in totes in the shed, the sewing table has been taken apart and is in the eves out in the shed. Probably be ruined next time I see it, but didn't have a single place to put it up in the house. Anyway, I put my shelves, fabric sewing machines in the Marine's old room. At first, I got kind of claustrophobic. Ok, I got a lot claustrophobic....and kind of lonely. Plus, it is a long way to hike up and down the stairs to get the phone, etc. I'm slowly getting used to my 'sewing hovel.' Here is a picture of my machines on a table in the middle of the room. The other picture is a 'cutting' area on top of the Marine's old dresser he didn't need that I have junked up with the blankets I serged around today, my snack, pop, iPad, and notebook. My music is all on CD's, and my Cd player quit working. I don't have a working CD on the computer to reload my music on to iTunes, so have been listening to assorted music on Pandora. Works pretty great for me. Now, I just need to finish dejunking the area in the living room, which I was using before this. My fabric is kind of like an explosion--It is everywhere. Somewhere in my deluded mind, I keep thinking I am going to get a lot of it sewn up and back in control. If that happens before I am dead, I'll be sure to let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment