Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cinnamon Applesauce Mini-Chip Muffins

Ok, I haven't blogged in months.....wasn't certain how to even upload a photo. I've missed a lot of great opportunities to blog. Lots of recipes, W's total knee replacement surgery, new pets, etc. I didn't write down any New Year's resolutions. I'll just write this one blog, and see how she goes. Oh, Steph and Breezy both had their wisdom teeth surgically removed the week before Christmas. They are on the mend, but had all kinds of soft foods around here for them to eat. No one was finishing the applesauce, so made it into these muffins I adapted from Spoonful, courtesy of Disney. Baking makes me wish I had a little grand daughter here in the valley to bake with. The grandsons are more interested in eating, than helping granny bake.

6 tablespoons butter, softened, nearly melted
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teas baking powder
1/2 teas baking soda
1 teas cinnamon
1/2 teas salt
2 eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chunky applesauce
1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips or nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl.

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Stir in the applesauce, and melted butter until mixture is smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until all is moistened.

Fill paper cup lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

Makes 12. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment