Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Madness

Well, tired here. So much to do, so little time. Arlen and I went to a joint replacement seminar at St Luke's Hospital on Friday. The hospital is over 100 years old, and started out as a TB hospital. It is a bit small compared to some of the huge hospitals around, but their nitch seems to be joint replacement. It is kind of frightening to think about Arlen having such an invasive surgery. He has some severe allergies, and just hoping none of them get triggered. Everyone seems to blow off my concerns, but we've had a few friends have real problems with the joint replacement, and one lady ended up dying, as was allergic to all antibiotics used to treat the infection she had, and the doctor informed the family he'd done all he could do, and at some point, the bone infection would take her life. It did.

I wanted to talk with my little sister about it. She is the one with the husband and the stage IV cancer. I'll have to find someone else to talk to--her mind is only on her husband, as it would be. I don't know what I was thinking.

My bedroom looks like crap. We moved a lot of stuff downstairs when we were working on the entire first floor. The first floor is not finished, as still waiting for the roof/wall repairs. I did start going through the stuff in my walk in closet--that I could not walk into. I haven't yet reached the back of it. It seems to be the storage area--instead of just a home for our clothing. Anyway, I have got to get the bedroom dejunked long before Arlen's surgery which will be sometime in April or May. He needs a straight shot to his bathroom and bedroom, and don't think he will need to be dodging my totes of fabric, patterns, baby items. I keep sneaking in some time to work on sewing up some of the fabric. Just delivered a ton of items to the Phoenix Indian Medical Center on Friday right before Arlen's appt at St Luke's and then took a ton more to a nurse who works at St Joseph's. I didn't have all of the St Patrick's Day quilt tops I had made--but was time to move on to Easter as it is early this year. I did some spring/Easter shirts and have them snapped. Tomorrow, it will be back to the cleaning and digging out of the closet.

Stephanie's little kitten is very cute, busy, and so entertaining. He is so smart, too. If he sees me with a quilt top, he jumps up on a table with my batting, and starts rolling around in it. He runs and runs, then we find him sleeping on a huge dog bed, or curled up in a chair by my mom. There has been no sign of the cat we lost a month or so ago.

We made my mom's plane reservation so she can fly back to Idaho for March 25th. It will probably still be really cold, but she likes to be up there for when my brother does her taxes. We'll miss her  a lot. I think the spring training has started for the ball players on our corner--soon, will be a lot of traffic, and it will tick me off to be sitting in traffic wasting expensive gas.

 Spring butterfly tees shirts.
 Easter shirts for the preemies.
Grimm, the kitten worn out after a long day of playing.

1 comment: