
I am still getting used to my mac computer. I may never get used to it. I wanted to post two little skirts I just finished up for Faith. Here is one of them. I used leftover fabric from a skirt I made for Breezy. I used black lace on
Breezy's to trim the edge. I wanted to use some narrow black lace for Faith's. There is a sad lack of lace selection at Joanne's. I decided to buy some tulle at Hobby Lobby. I doubled it on the first skirt I made, and folded it triple on this skirt, as this one was already the length I needed for Faith. The other skirt was a tad short for her. I folded the tulle how I wanted it, then used a gathering stitch on my regular machine, held my finger behind the pressure foot (good way to gather fabric) and simply let the tulle gather itself. It worked great for the double layer--this triple layer of black did not gather as tightly as I wanted it. I simple folded the tulle back on itself about every two inches as it was on a little outfit I purchased for Faith. I didn't worry if it wasn't perfect--It is just a fun and funky little edge. I may go "tulle" crazy and edge a bunch more little skirts. Also, hoping to be able to bead some little matching socks for the girls, who have just landed from Texas. Luke, Megan, Jake, Faith, and Brianna are here. Finished up the little skirts I promised Faith and want to be able to enjoy them all this week. All projects and organization are on hold....until next week.
That is adorable and I love the fabric! I just went to Joanns last week and spent a small fortune on fabric. They have been SO picked over the last few times I've gone and this time they had so much cute stuff I had to seriously limit myself to not buy a yard of everything. It's nice to have a little stock now though so if they're picked over I can turn to my little stash. I like the tulle on the bottom though. May have to give that a shot one of these days.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the tulle!!! Jealous! :)
ReplyDeleteI have been moving my fabric stash around.....I have WAY too much baby flannel. I think it is my retirement stash.
ReplyDeleteFaith sure loves her skirts! Thanks Momma!
ReplyDeleteMeg--I am glad. They were so fun to do. I was happy to be able to use my extra fabric pieces. Now I need to find some time to do a little more sewing for the girls. Hope my cleaning and organizing goes a bit faster....
ReplyDeleteThat is so adorable!!!
ReplyDelete