I was in the house and heard these monstrously BIG splashes coming from the pool area. The mother in me wanted to go outside and do some serious yelling to be careful and cut it out. I said a silent prayer that they would be protected....and sent Kristi out to investigate. This is a picture of Matt and our Marine doing karate type moves as they jump into the pool. I couldn't believe how synchronized they looked.
Our Marine showing some good form.
How a Marine unwinds. (And winds up his mom.)
Going shopping with his sisters.
Toughie, Wephers, Our Marine and Matt waiting for Risti. I just love this picture. Two of my babies and two of my grandchildren shopping at the mall and having a fun afternoon.
Doing karate with dad. They were doing forms every night. One Friday, our Marine told his dad he better skip practice if he was going to do karate with their instructor Saturday, or he would be too tired!
Mr Wonderful lead us in a family prayer before we left to take our Marine to the airport. He leaves soon for his first deployment overseas. Mr Wonderful cried. I cried. We all cried. When someone remarked that even Toughie was crying, he said he had itchy eyes. We all have had itchy eyes all day.
Our Marine texted me twice this evening--once, when he landed in Charlotte and once when he was back on base. I hate it that he is alone without any family....except for the other Marines.
On the way back from the airport, I told Mr Wonderful that I hoped our son came back from Iraq the way we sent him--in one piece. I thought of the young soldier from Idaho that was captured in Afghanistan recently.....and his family. Mr Wonderful said, whatever happens, he will still be our son. Life doesn't come with any guarantees, but one truth is certain, he is our son and we love him. I just hope he knows how loved he is......in the heavens and here on earth, too.





Thanks for the great post!! Glad you had a wonderful time and made wonderful memories. I'm sure those memories will help get your Marine through the next while, as well as the rest of his family. Prayers and love.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely loved this blog. I'm glad you guys got to spend some time with him. I love having this blog to hear what is going on in the Nelson family life. I will pray for Mike and you guys. I'm sure he'll come home safe to you.
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Natalie