Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baby Shoe Collection


I made this little shelf at least 20 years ago, maybe longer so I could display my baby shoe collection. The old fashioned pair on top, I purchased, but the rest are my dads, mine, Arlen's and my kids. The top row, excluding the old fashioned button top shoes, on the left is a pair of my dad's baby shoes. The pair with pink laces are mine. A little shoe repairman in Idaho Falls fixed the torn leather for me, and Jennifer was able to wear them when she was a baby.

The moccasin's on the second row are Arlen's, and the little baby sandals are also my baby shoes. The bottom row is a pair of Jennifer's baby walkers, and think the pair on the right belonged to one of my brothers.

I haven't displayed them in this home until now. Arlen hates holes in the walls, and I didn't want my little precious shoes man handled and lost by the kids. I have them here in my newly organized computer/sewing room. I have been hanging items on the wall that I cherish a bit. Thimble collection to follow. :-)

1 comment: